The Energy Design Conference & Expo Session Team is accepting proposals for the 30th annual Energy Design Conference & Expo being held February 25-26, 2020, in Duluth, Minnesota. We are seeking innovative, quality sessions focused on energy technologies, efficient building concepts, sustainable development, and current energy and environmental topics related to the building industry.
Submission Deadline: October 11, 2019
For questions or information, please contact Amanda Oja at (218) 355-3162.
General conference topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building Science and High Performance Homes
- Commercial Energy Efficiency
- Emerging Energy Technologies
- Energy-Efficient Mechanical and Lighting
- Energy-Efficient Remodeling
- Existing Buildings and Rehab Opportunities
- Green Building and Sustainable Development
- Human Health and Buildings/IAQ/Ventilation
- Policy and Codes
- Renewable Energy
- Research and Development
- Case Studies
- Multifamily Housing
- Energy Storage
- Zero-energy Ready Homes
- Air Source Heat Pumps and Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pumps
- Hands-on Sessions or Demonstrations
Presenter Benefits and Expectations
All presenters receive complimentary registration to the conference (including lunch for all three days). Presenters will have a multitude of networking opportunities during the Tuesday night reception and throughout the conference. Presenters are responsible for providing copies of their handouts and for providing presentation materials if necessary. Specific deadlines are listed below.
- October 11, 2019: : Call for Presenters closed.
- October 25, 2019: You will be notified by November 2 if you are selected to present at the conference.
- November 29, 2019: Presentation due to Energy Design Conference. (Presentations needed to submit for CEUs in accordance with the Department of Labor and Industry Guidelines.)
- February 13, 2020: Final version of presentation due for posting on EDC website.
Conflict of Interest Policy
Our goal is to provide a positive educational experience for all attendees. For this reason, we request that sessions avoid promoting and/or marketing a specific product. The Energy Design Conference session and planning team reserves the right to reject applications based on questionable product integrity and/or credibility.